Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Not Quite Wright








I couldn't resist taking a trip to see this house for sale in Atlantic, Iowa. It's the closest thing to a Wright house I'm going to find without having a huge move involved requiring a job change. While I'm very happy the house has been restored instead of letting the building deteriorate, somehow it's just not what I'm looking for in a home with the modern windows and soffits made out of shiny white metal or fiberglass, whichever it was. In a last ditch effort to be interested in this property, I called the realtor in hopes they at least saved the original windows, but unfortunately they had been sold. According to The Prairie School Traveler, the entrance was based on Wright's Fireproof House for $5,000. It'll be a lovely home for somebody, but just not me. See the listing here.


No comments:

Post a Comment